Some of the home sellers feel that selling real estate during winter is a tough task to do. May be it’s true that there may be definitely challenges included during the storm and cold weather, but it is not necessary that to get discouraged.
It is the matter of fact to create a better first and good impression in the minds of the potential buyers. The lasting good impression created during their first visit may become the key factor to turn them as an active buyer.
It is recommended to be cautious as even a slightest discomfort that one miss by oversight of the house may sour the experience of a prospective buyer of turning into an active buyer. Through addressing certain key areas, any sort of winter weather woes can be easily overcome.
Listed below are the five simple tips that you can implement to showcase potential of your home to maximize the probability of its getting sold during the winter weather.
Don’t allow winter being an Obstacle for Sale
- May be its storming or immediate weather to post-storm, you must motivate your prospective buyer to come out during this weather and arrange for a home showing. It is recommended not to neglect booking for showings of your home among prospective buyers just because of it being bad weather.
- It is advisable to shovel the walkway or drive before your house and maintain the place clean. This is will not only just reduce the chore of those who visit; still create a good impression as if a clean and easy accessible entry is possible in the house.
- Buyers prefer to turn away rather than hitting a doorway of a selling house which requires a knee deep snow walk as it includes risk of snow getting into their shoes, wet socks and wet pants and so on.
Maintain perfect Home’s Temperature
- One should always remember a buyer will not stop searching for a home just by seeing one at a time. So they travel in and around their preferred location, running in and out of their cars for finding the apt choice that fit their taste, up and down the elevators in many condos.
- Obviously, they will be dressed up to safeguard themselves from the storm and for their long day of outdoor plan, it is best to consider the temperature maintained in the entire home and set it appropriate for them to have a great lounge.
- It is recommended not to maintain heat way up as it may be convenient to relax on the couch but may make prospective buyers feel oppressive.
Get Buyers into more light and out of the dark
- Naturally, during winter, you will have shorter days and quite less natural light. So, it is good to light the house with adequate lighting in each room to make it bright even in winter. Before showings, it is best to switch on lights or make use of timers in case if you have an objection due to energy saving reasons. This permits the seller to set the mood lighting and save real estate buyers struggling in finding light switches. As already said, creating a good first impression is more important.
Preparation is Vital
- Make sure to get prepared for the wet and snowy boots and shoes. It is quite natural that no one will prefer to have tracks of snowy shoes and wet boots around their home similar to that of dodging puddles and wet socks in the doorway. Hence, it is advisable to have “Shoes Off” sign at your home.
- It is good to place an absorbent mat in order to protect the wood and stone flooring of the house from snow.
- It is recommended to have the appropriate storage option or a shoe rack to keep aside shoes and also for your winter jackets, scarves and hats just not because to escape from puddles but to express your organized appeal of the home to your prospective buyers. Through your innovative arrangements and organized set ups, create a good impression in their minds.
Groomed & Friendly Pets
- If you have pets, especially dogs, make it look clean. Avoid leaving dirty doggy outfits and its soaked towel lying around the home. Lastly, avoid the bad smell of your wet dog not to welcome your buyers in the doorway.